Most of us are obsessed with inspiring CEOs like Steve Jobs, John Mackey, and others. So today we’ll discuss some interesting facts about CEOs that you have not known before. Also, how can you become a CEO in the future? What career do you have to choose to become a CEO? So let’s get started.
Also, read our new posts:
Who Are CEOs and What Do They Do?
But before moving ahead, let’s know who these CEOs are? So the CEO is the short form for Chief Executive Officer of the company. They are generally the rock stars of a company since they have the responsibility to facilitate the biggest decisions within an organization.
While managing overall resources, they have to look after the day to day business operations. Also, they have to advise the board and implements plans in a company. But the board of directors has the power to overrule the decisions of the CEO. However, like anyone else, they have some odds.
7 Interesting Facts About CEOs That Every Student Must Know
The following are some interesting facts about CEOs that motivate us to become one among them.
- Although some cities in the US are quite expensive, the USA is the best place for students to become top-notch CEOs of the biggest companies.
- CEO of Tesla that is Elon Musk came from South Africa to Canada when he was 17 years old. He had only $2000, a backpack and a suitcase full of books. After that, he came to the United States, where he put himself through college and became the citizen of the US at 31. Finally, he became the most top-rated CEO now.
- Bill Gates (CEO of Microsoft) doesn’t know any foreign language, which is an unsatisfied issue in his life. Also, he loves reading books. That is why he reads around fifty books per year.
- In 1995, Jack Ma, CEO of Alibaba, almost got killed by an American businessman. Before being the CEO of Alibaba, he was working as an English teacher with a monthly salary of $12. But now his net worth is around $41billion.
- Around 10% of CEOs do not use the internet to learn. They believe in practical learning and creativity beyond gadgets.
- Initially, Amazon was created to sell books online. Since it faced low traffic in the beginning, Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon, also started selling other goods on Amazon. After that, when Amazon became a famous platform for books and other stuff, he began selling devices like Kindle that helps students to read books.
- Although 33% of CEOs’ undergraduate degrees are in engineering, 11% are in business administrations. Besides this, less than 10% of CEOs achieved degrees from Ivy League Schools.
Inspired by these facts, you must be thinking about how I can become a CEO. If yes, then read the section below.
A Step by Step Guide on How to Become CEO
All students want a bright future ahead. It’s great if you are planning to become a CEO. The below mentioned are some steps that you have to follow to become a CEO in the future.
#Step1: Earn a Bachelor’s Degree or MBA degree
For being a CEO, you must have critical skills and decision-making power that is shaped at the college level. So the first way to become a CEO is to earn a bachelor’s degree. Now you must be thinking what if I am weak at studies. Don’t worry, there are some websites, like Call Tutors, Homework Minutes, All Assignment Help, from which you can take online help and increase your scores.
Although there is no harm in having a law or arts degree, it would be beneficial if you have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business or management. You’ll be able to develop interpersonal skills. However, you can skip this step if you want to run your own company. Still, having a bachelor’s degree in business will help you to run your company because a CEO without a bachelor’s degree is virtually non-existent.
#Step2: Gain Job-Experience
The position of CEO requires you to be professional. Thus it demands people who have job-experience for entry-level positions. The entry-level position for college graduates is lower management or supervisory role. They have to reach the manager level before finally entering into the realm of executive level.
Step3: Develop Different Skills
A CEO should know how to run a company, and for that, he must have different skills. It is only a CEO whose decisions can affect a company at a major level. Thus they are expected to have strong decision-making power, problem-solving skills, and, most importantly, communication skills. For a better future as a CEO, you must have these skills or develop them with time.
So these were some steps that you have to follow to become a CEO. If you are planning to achieve this position, then start your journey today.